7.09.2008

bon au revoir


photo by Vanessa Farnell

Tomorrow at 7:20am I will be on a plane along with 29 others on my way to the country of Haiti. We're on our way to spend the night in Detroit at an airport hotel. It's hard to wrap my mind around going; I watched a documentary about child slavery the other night that took place in Haiti. It was surreal to see footage of the country I'd be visiting. The land is so beautiful and tropical, and yet there's trash and people living in shed like homes. With people selling children for $150. How sick is that?!
So, I'm excited, scared, and hopeful. I know I won' t come back the same.

2 comments:

Ashleigh said...

i hope you have an awesome time ! you and the whole team will be amazing there !

Leah Rose said...

wheres the Haiti pictures? i need to see them!! I miss my Haitian babies.